4/3/08

Alchemy Everquest 2 Guide


Author: Donny Fonseca
In general, I believe EQ2 has a pretty nice crafting system compared to UO, EQ, and SWG of years past. I thought I would summarize a few of the things that I've learned in my first 25 levels of crafting and alchemy.

First, don't try this without a TON of space. In fact, I highly recommend you create another "mule" character and equip with lots of 14 slot bags, rent an apartment, and buy a couple of teak strongboxes for selling all of your trivial crafting stuff. Next, make your way over to your tier 1 zone and get ALL harvesting skills to 20+ so you can start in Antonica/Commonlands.

I would recommend you research and prepare to make inks in bulk. I made 100+ iron gual and carbon inks and although my fingers are sore from clicking, those inks sell for around 1gp each. This requires secondary skill in both harvesting and mining, so you should focus on raw minerals from mining and tuber roots. These items will produce the washes, oils, and reagents for the final combines.

Take the time to acquaint yourself with the new crafting system and the buffs. Each "buff" lasts 4 seconds to cover the length of each tick of the game. There are three such buffs and each one not only "buffs" the next tick and boosts your skill, but also corrects errors that pop up from time-to-time while you're crafting. You have 2 seconds to clear the error with the appropriate "buff" and if you don't you'll suffer in your combine and be caused physical damage in the game. I put the "buffs" on their own menu bar and move near the crafting window so I can see with my peripheral vision when those errors pop up.

Make sure you use the durability buffs if you have any, as the others sacrifice quality for speed, and also, check to see which buff of the three costs power to use. You'll want to avoid overusing that key, as you'll eventually run out of power if you're not careful. Usually drinking water works fine if you're concerned.

What I do is wait until I see positive or negative numbers pop up above the chemistry table (which signifies the beginning of the tick) and very quickly hit a buff before an error has a chance to pop up. If you wait too long after the tick, you may hit the key precisely when an error pops up causing you to use the wrong correction measure and injuring your combine. If you get the timing right, you'll never botch an error correction and buff nearly every tick of the combine.

Watch for a special, rare buff to pop up in the error window. Alchemists Insight. It lasts 7 minutes and improves your crafting durability by 10% if you successfully use the proper buff to activate it. Good luck!
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/art-and-entertainment-articles/alchemy-everquest-2-guide-92378.html

No comments:

RSS Search Add to My Yahoo!